I received my evaluation of my MS from an editor I hired. I have to say I LOVED all of her thoughts. She showed my strengths and weaknesses and offered some helpful suggestions.
I will be using the next couple weeks editing and changing a few things. I still have the second and third book to this series to edit.
Over the past ten months, I've received a lot of praise for my MS. The agents loved the premise, plot, characters, concept, and said it was definitely marketable. BUT they all said there was something missing in the writing. I was lacking something, but none of them ever pinpointed what it was. The editor pinpointed it though, so hopefully now that I'm on the right track with revisions, I'll be able to catch the attention of an agent.
Hiring an editor was totally worth it!
I can see myself hiring this editor for more times to come in the future.
Yay! Tons of luck with your revision Sarah!
ReplyDelete